The former Alty’s Hardware shop located on the present entrance roadway to Booths, adjacent to the Country Larder.
The Original GPO Hesketh Bank Automatic Telephone Exchange with its extension building to the rear located on the present Booths site. This served the whole of Hesketh Bank and Tarleton; when decommissioned the building was occupied by the village Chemist.
‘Booths’ Food-store under construction.
An early view of the former Becconsall Hotel with the railway bridge in the background.
The “Becconsall Hotel” in its three storey prime. The narrow tyre tracks would seem to indicate horse drawn wooden wheeled vehicles. Note the head-stone above the doorway with the Hesketh and Fermor coats of arms; this is now preserved at the entrance to Becconsall Gardens which occupies the site and part of the former railway goods yard.
The Becconsall Hotel, reduced to two storys, closed and awaiting demolition.
“The Delta” (C.1930) which gave its name to the present Delta Park Estate.
Professor David Bellamy opens the New Allotments in August 2011.
The Village Hall site prior to the Parish Council refurbishment in 2012….
and a hard working team building the new gardens and forecourt !
The ‘3G Sports Centre’ under construction adjacent to the Council’s Centenary Sports Ground on Station Road.
Constructing the new car park at the
Shore Road Allotments in 2011.
Laying new land drains prior to the re-provisioning of the Allotment site in 2007.
The Childrens’ Centre, opened by the then MP Lorraine Fullbrook, adjacent and attached to All Saints Primary School on Shore Road became a casualty of the Councty Council’s major spending cuts in 2016; it will hopefully be incorporated into the school.
Barry Dawson assisted by Southport actor David Lonsdale open the Village Show which Barry revived after many lapsed years.
Local Contractor “Brian Parkinson Maintenance” undertakes the construction of the substantial foundations for the Parish Council’s Base receiver column for the village’s wireless closed circuit televison monitoring system. Modern technology and working methods has enabled a fifteen camera installation to be commissioned at a fraction of the cost of systems provided by our principle authorites.
The Council’s Centenary Sports Ground hosts the Village Football, Cricket and Bowls clubs. Here we see members of the Bowling Club at ‘The Becconsall’ in 1928.
Recognise anyone ?
Iain Ashcroft, Resident, Parish Councillor, Borough Councillor and Mayor clearly enjoying himself in 2012 at Southport Flower Show.
A very recognisable building, here in the guise of the “Hesketh Arms” public house.
The ‘Brow‘, variously also called ‘Titmouse Brow‘ and ‘Hesketh Brow‘.
The village of ‘Hesketh‘ — that is Shore Road looking west.
Self expanatory ?
Paul Sergeant, Football Club Chairman, makes sure everyone knows who’s boss at the 3G Sports pitches!
West Lancashire Light Railway – a very popular attraction within the village. Rachael (then 5) and Andrew Wilson (then 6) from Much Hoole enjoying their day out in 2010
The Chairman of ‘Hesketh Bank Silver Band’ is presented with new ties by Councillor Diane Earles at the launch of the “Love Hesketh Bank” campaign
Parish Councillor Steve Kirby watches as the rig operator for ‘Cuadrilla‘ controls the drill bit some 2,000 feet below ground at the Becconsall site in Banks.
An excellent turnout on an excellent day sees local walkers inaugurate the Parish Council’s new “Village Trail“. Click Here to download a leaflet.
Millenium Medals (albeit a little late) were presented in 2004 to local stalwarts who had made a difference to life in the village.
In 2012, The Parish Council again presented medals and certificates of appreciation.
The Mayor of West Lancashire opened the Ball Court built with Lottery Funds aquired by the Parish Council through West Lancashire Borough Council.
The Mayor of West Lancashire, Iain Ashcroft and The Parish Council Recreation Chairman Norma Goodier opening the Shore Road Sports Pavilion.
“Greenwoods” map of 1818 – Note the spelling “HESKETH CUM BECCENSALL.”